'America', 'Bread', 'Guess Who', and other early 70s bands
Moderators: The Freedom Man, TheDoorsMusic
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
'America', 'Bread', 'Guess Who', and other early 70s bands
I have a weakness for early 1970s rock.
The band 'America' is one of my favorites- here are a couple of their songs-
'Lonely People'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4h4xqdJ_8
'Tin Man'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-VGxYAVx-0
'Sister Golden Hair'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzUQZw3wfro
'Horse with No Name'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KKGdb4qUY
Another early 70s rock band I love was 'Bread'
Here is their song 'make It With You':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFa5E8q-940
'Diary'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24IfD-0VUu4
A great Canadian band was the Guess Who- they had some amazing songs-
'Share The Land'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQJ4toj-JY
'Undun'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMF5GM0Kt8
American Woman (live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZ5cwm4jQc
Another great early 70s band was 'Seals and Croft'
here is their song 'Summer breeze':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPLfDBcu_U0
Any other fans of early 70s 'soft rock'?
The band 'America' is one of my favorites- here are a couple of their songs-
'Lonely People'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu4h4xqdJ_8
'Tin Man'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-VGxYAVx-0
'Sister Golden Hair'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzUQZw3wfro
'Horse with No Name'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KKGdb4qUY
Another early 70s rock band I love was 'Bread'
Here is their song 'make It With You':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFa5E8q-940
'Diary'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24IfD-0VUu4
A great Canadian band was the Guess Who- they had some amazing songs-
'Share The Land'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLQJ4toj-JY
'Undun'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLMF5GM0Kt8
American Woman (live)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tZ5cwm4jQc
Another great early 70s band was 'Seals and Croft'
here is their song 'Summer breeze':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPLfDBcu_U0
Any other fans of early 70s 'soft rock'?
Last edited by StrangeNightOfStone on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
-
BallroomDays67
- Senior Member
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:06 am
They may not have been the most consistent band, but The Guess Who did indeed have some amazing songs. The same goes for Bread.
Speaking of Bread, had you noticed this? http://www.thefreedomman.com/forum/view ... hp?p=37803
Speaking of Bread, had you noticed this? http://www.thefreedomman.com/forum/view ... hp?p=37803
Last edited by BallroomDays67 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
hardrockcafe
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2163
- Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:33 pm
I assume you guys have read the blog entry by the lead singer of the Guess Who where he recounts hanging out with Jim Morrison in 1969?
http://www.officialburtoncummings.com/b ... ember.html
http://www.officialburtoncummings.com/b ... ember.html
-
BallroomDays67
- Senior Member
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:06 am
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
hardrockcafe wrote:I assume you guys have read the blog entry by the lead singer of the Guess Who where he recounts hanging out with Jim Morrison in 1969?
http://www.officialburtoncummings.com/b ... ember.html
What an awesome account- I love the Guess Who, and never realized lead singer Burton Cummings was such a hardcore Doors fan...and his comments about Jim are about the most positive I've read in a long time...
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- twilla
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm
- Location: New Mexico
- jamestkirk
- Senior Member
- Posts: 5816
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:11 pm
- Location: The Music Of My Mind
Some Great bands! Guess Who's "American Woman" is a fantastic LP
and most consistent.....No Sugar Tonight & New Mother Nature....
"Bag o' goodies and a bottle o' wine, gonna get it on right tonight!"
"Horse With No Name" is great..when I first heard it on the radio,
I thought it was CSN&Y...Neil on lead vocals!
Emitt Rhodes (formerly of LA's Merry-Go-Round)
is a favorite of mine......he played all instruments, wrote and sang
vocals, produced and mixed...all recorded in his home studio.
Four great songs from Emitt's 1st LP... YOU MUST LIVE TILL
YOU DIE, YOU MUST FEEL TO BE ALIVE!
Give him a listen...turn it up loud!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CvzawbXLS8
BADFINGER...one of my all time favorites!!!
and most consistent.....No Sugar Tonight & New Mother Nature....
"Bag o' goodies and a bottle o' wine, gonna get it on right tonight!"
"Horse With No Name" is great..when I first heard it on the radio,
I thought it was CSN&Y...Neil on lead vocals!
Emitt Rhodes (formerly of LA's Merry-Go-Round)
is a favorite of mine......he played all instruments, wrote and sang
vocals, produced and mixed...all recorded in his home studio.
Four great songs from Emitt's 1st LP... YOU MUST LIVE TILL
YOU DIE, YOU MUST FEEL TO BE ALIVE!
Give him a listen...turn it up loud!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CvzawbXLS8
BADFINGER...one of my all time favorites!!!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".
-Aldous Huxley
-Aldous Huxley
-
BallroomDays67
- Senior Member
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:06 am
I'm a Badfinger fan too. I met Joey when he was a guest at one of the L.A. Beatlefests. He got up on stage in the main ballroom and spoke about Badfinger and answered questions, performed a few songs with his Badfinger band, and then signed autographs. His Badfinger band was LOUD!
I asked him why they didn't perform "Come and Get It" considering it was Beatlefest and the song was written by Paul McCartney. He said that they were working up a new arrangement.
I asked him why they didn't perform "Come and Get It" considering it was Beatlefest and the song was written by Paul McCartney. He said that they were working up a new arrangement.
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
BallroomDays67 wrote:I'm a Badfinger fan too. I met Joey when he was a guest at one of the L.A. Beatlefests. He got up on stage in the main ballroom and spoke about Badfinger and answered questions, performed a few songs with his Badfinger band, and then signed autographs. His Badfinger band was LOUD!
I asked him why they didn't perform "Come and Get It" considering it was Beatlefest and the song was written by Paul McCartney. He said that they were working up a new arrangement.
I love Badfinger!!
Here is Paul Mccartney's demo of 'Come And Get It":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1xss8MlwCk
And Badfinger's version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk57K4OGrAg
Badfinger's epic 'No Matter What'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBMRiNLJm5o
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- twilla
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm
- Location: New Mexico
Cat Stephens
Peace Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52Z84vF ... re=related
Morning has Broken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-3ozwEE ... 07&index=1
Jim Croce
Operator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2iS8Xct ... PL&index=2
I got a Name
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqauC49 ... PL&index=5
Gordon Lightfoot
If you could read my mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2DjqB0S ... re=related
Sundown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOs-MqD ... re=related
Peace Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52Z84vF ... re=related
Morning has Broken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-3ozwEE ... 07&index=1
Jim Croce
Operator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2iS8Xct ... PL&index=2
I got a Name
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqauC49 ... PL&index=5
Gordon Lightfoot
If you could read my mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2DjqB0S ... re=related
Sundown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOs-MqD ... re=related
- jamestkirk
- Senior Member
- Posts: 5816
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:11 pm
- Location: The Music Of My Mind
Badfinger's "Straight Up" is their masterpiece. I have a German pressing with the songs all in a different order than the USA release...
it works better! I wonder which track listing was preferred by Badfinger.
Has there been a more tragic ending for a band...two suicides by hanging?!
Some great ones here. I love Lightfoot, twilla.... & Croce.
Cat Stevens..perfect!
I remember when he was detained at Bangor (Maine) international airport because of his new Muslim name.....
they were a bit freaked since the 911 terrorists came undetected thru Maine airports. Not sure if they let him thru after he sang a song....
it works better! I wonder which track listing was preferred by Badfinger.
Has there been a more tragic ending for a band...two suicides by hanging?!
Some great ones here. I love Lightfoot, twilla.... & Croce.
Cat Stevens..perfect!
I remember when he was detained at Bangor (Maine) international airport because of his new Muslim name.....
they were a bit freaked since the 911 terrorists came undetected thru Maine airports. Not sure if they let him thru after he sang a song....
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".
-Aldous Huxley
-Aldous Huxley
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
twilla wrote:Cat Stephens
Peace Train
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G52Z84vF ... re=related
Morning has Broken
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-3ozwEE ... 07&index=1
Jim Croce
Operator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2iS8Xct ... PL&index=2
I got a Name
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcqauC49 ... PL&index=5
Gordon Lightfoot
If you could read my mind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2DjqB0S ... re=related
Sundown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOOs-MqD ... re=related
Great ones! I really like Gordon Lightfoot, 'Sundown; in particular....
I always wondered had Jim lived and stayed with the Doors, if they would have gone in the directiuon of the 'soft rock' trend that defined much of early-mid 1970s rock...People shouldn't knock 'soft rock', some amazing tunes can be found in that rock sub genre...
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
BallroomDays67 wrote:I'm a Badfinger fan too. I met Joey when he was a guest at one of the L.A. Beatlefests. He got up on stage in the main ballroom and spoke about Badfinger and answered questions, performed a few songs with his Badfinger band, and then signed autographs. His Badfinger band was LOUD!
I asked him why they didn't perform "Come and Get It" considering it was Beatlefest and the song was written by Paul McCartney. He said that they were working up a new arrangement.
I didn't realize how much tragedy surrounded 'Badfinger'..
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
Here is Jim Croce doing an amazing performances of 'Bad Bad Leroy Brown'- He precedes this performance of the song with the story of what the song is all about...
Watch this- anyone who walks away not seeing Croce as amazing musician must be high...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeqjobpADvU
The guitarist playing with him (I forget his name) also died in the plane crash which took Croce's life....
Watch this- anyone who walks away not seeing Croce as amazing musician must be high...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeqjobpADvU
The guitarist playing with him (I forget his name) also died in the plane crash which took Croce's life....
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
One of my favorites songs from the 1970s was 'Baker Street' by Gerry Rafferty . One of the best sax solos ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgbGaYTkkPU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgbGaYTkkPU
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
Then there are some of the 'hokey' songs from the 1970s- which are good, but a bit silly-
Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOS2vOxuXE
'There's Got To Be A Morning After' by Maureen McGovern
(Made famous in 'The Poseidon Adventure)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLazPauA1c
'You Light Up my Life' by Debbie Boone (the spawn of Pat Boone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07-yKnKRMQ
'Fernando' by ABBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohr4P8E_io
Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOS2vOxuXE
'There's Got To Be A Morning After' by Maureen McGovern
(Made famous in 'The Poseidon Adventure)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLazPauA1c
'You Light Up my Life' by Debbie Boone (the spawn of Pat Boone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07-yKnKRMQ
'Fernando' by ABBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohr4P8E_io
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- twilla
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm
- Location: New Mexico
oh yuk those were hokeyStrangeNightOfStone wrote:Then there are some of the 'hokey' songs from the 1970s- which are good, but a bit silly-
Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOS2vOxuXE
'There's Got To Be A Morning After' by Maureen McGovern
(Made famous in 'The Poseidon Adventure)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLazPauA1c
'You Light Up my Life' by Debbie Boone (the spawn of Pat Boone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07-yKnKRMQ
'Fernando' by ABBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohr4P8E_io
I hated you light up my Life
and how about
Thank you for being a friend by Andrew Gold
http://www.last.fm/music/Andrew+Gold/_/ ... g+a+Friend
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
Andrew Gold....ughtwilla wrote:oh yuk those were hokeyStrangeNightOfStone wrote:Then there are some of the 'hokey' songs from the 1970s- which are good, but a bit silly-
Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOS2vOxuXE
'There's Got To Be A Morning After' by Maureen McGovern
(Made famous in 'The Poseidon Adventure)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLazPauA1c
'You Light Up my Life' by Debbie Boone (the spawn of Pat Boone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07-yKnKRMQ
'Fernando' by ABBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohr4P8E_io
I hated you light up my Life![]()
and how about
Thank you for being a friend by Andrew Gold
http://www.last.fm/music/Andrew+Gold/_/ ... g+a+Friend
Remember Meri Wilson's 'Telephone Man'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO18k215gpk
or
Michael martin Murphey's "Wildfire"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4Y4FWWkn0
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- twilla
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm
- Location: New Mexico
Here is one I always liked
Steely Dan
Do it Again
http://www.last.fm/music/Steely+Dan/_/D ... ?autostart
Steely Dan
Do it Again
http://www.last.fm/music/Steely+Dan/_/D ... ?autostart
- twilla
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm
- Location: New Mexico
I thought Telephone man was funnyStrangeNightOfStone wrote:Andrew Gold....ughtwilla wrote:oh yuk those were hokeyStrangeNightOfStone wrote:Then there are some of the 'hokey' songs from the 1970s- which are good, but a bit silly-
Lonely Boy by Andrew Gold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOS2vOxuXE
'There's Got To Be A Morning After' by Maureen McGovern
(Made famous in 'The Poseidon Adventure)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcLazPauA1c
'You Light Up my Life' by Debbie Boone (the spawn of Pat Boone)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b07-yKnKRMQ
'Fernando' by ABBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ohr4P8E_io
I hated you light up my Life![]()
and how about
Thank you for being a friend by Andrew Gold
http://www.last.fm/music/Andrew+Gold/_/ ... g+a+Friend
Remember Meri Wilson's 'Telephone Man'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO18k215gpk
or
Michael martin Murphey's "Wildfire"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl4Y4FWWkn0
yeah baby tell me where you want it and I'll put where I can do la le la le
get it anyway you can
Michael Martin Murphey lives in Red River NM part of the time
Last edited by twilla on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
Being a child of the late 60s/early 70s, my first exposure to music was on Sat. morning, in between the cartoons; in the form of the 'Schoolhouse Rock' musical cartoon shorts..
I remember watching the Schoolhouse Rock cartoons on tv way back in '73
Here are my favorites-
'Conjunction Junction'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo
'No more kings'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYmhlclqr4
'Interjections'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhHpJ45_zwM
'Interplanet Janet'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPEvKsme-c
'The Tale of Mr Norton'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7S_B9GcRI0
'Rock Rufus Xavier Sarsparilla'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOaty7FpwMI
I remember watching the Schoolhouse Rock cartoons on tv way back in '73
Here are my favorites-
'Conjunction Junction'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkO87mkgcNo
'No more kings'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYmhlclqr4
'Interjections'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhHpJ45_zwM
'Interplanet Janet'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfPEvKsme-c
'The Tale of Mr Norton'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7S_B9GcRI0
'Rock Rufus Xavier Sarsparilla'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOaty7FpwMI
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- jamestkirk
- Senior Member
- Posts: 5816
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:11 pm
- Location: The Music Of My Mind
God, I wore this one out back in '71...!!!
"AMERICAN PIE" Don McLean
"Bye bye miss American pie, drove my Chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry....
And them good 'ol boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singing, "this'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day that I die..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9IXqQwC ... re=related

"AMERICAN PIE" Don McLean
"Bye bye miss American pie, drove my Chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry....
And them good 'ol boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singing, "this'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day that I die..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9IXqQwC ... re=related
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".
-Aldous Huxley
-Aldous Huxley
- StrangeNightOfStone
- Senior Member
- Posts: 2087
- Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:05 am
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA, Earth
jamestkirk wrote:God, I wore this one out back in '71...!!!
"AMERICAN PIE" Don McLean
"Bye bye miss American pie, drove my Chevy to the levy, but the levy was dry....
And them good 'ol boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singing, "this'll be the day that I die, this'll be the day that I die..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9IXqQwC ... re=related
Great song!
I loved Weird Al Yankovic's 'Star Wars- The Phanton menance' spin on 'American Pie'; 'The Saga Begins':
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrN7vifyoKc
Madonna's cover of 'American Pie' wasn't bad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlxVvOeoz6I
Of course for a woman in her 50s gyrating like she was still 23...well, that's a bit creepy....When I was in high school in the early/mid 1980s, Madonna was hot, in an uber slutty sort of way...
But she's since withered and rotted like grapes left on the vine..
Last edited by StrangeNightOfStone on Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes I wonder how long the blues is gonna last-cause' every song sounds like the one before last."
- jamestkirk
- Senior Member
- Posts: 5816
- Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:11 pm
- Location: The Music Of My Mind
....so much for aging gracefully. I believe some cultures still honor the older and believe that aging is a beautiful and enlightening process....to be revered. Maybe I'm just OLD....what do you young folks here think?
Am I just a relic of the golden age and should just curl up in a corner and be quiet about such things as aging gracefully?
The far out subject of The Picture of Dorian Gray has become a modern day nightmare reality...beauty without-- ugliness within....let's get our priorities straight World!
Am I just a relic of the golden age and should just curl up in a corner and be quiet about such things as aging gracefully?
The far out subject of The Picture of Dorian Gray has become a modern day nightmare reality...beauty without-- ugliness within....let's get our priorities straight World!
"After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music".
-Aldous Huxley
-Aldous Huxley
- MistyJm
- Senior Member
- Posts: 3309
- Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:32 pm
The hype of botox and all that stuff does freak me out a bit.
All these woman walking around with plastic. And faces completely stretched to the backside of their head. I like natural beauty. Nothing can ever beat that.
If you take good care of yourself and age with confident you can look very young and beautiful getting older.
Problaby even more without the botox and operations.
If I look at Madonna and Nicole Kidman for example. Then I'm thinking, are they out of their feakin minds. They look like robots. No emotion. So unreal. They all look the same. What message does that give to young girls?
It makes girls feel even more insecure about there physical appearance wich is sad.
I'm perfectly happy with my inside and outside. Not wanting doctors or injections at all. Beside the fact that I hate hospitals.
It's just not something for me. Who knows maybe I would change my mind in the future but I work out, and take good care of my skin. So I don't see myself changing my mind.
Beauty does come from the inside. So true Scott.
I'm not denying that we all wanna look good. Nothing wrong with that. But where are the bounderies? When is it enough?
The hype that is going on now I don't like.
But that's just my personal opinion.
All these woman walking around with plastic. And faces completely stretched to the backside of their head. I like natural beauty. Nothing can ever beat that.
If you take good care of yourself and age with confident you can look very young and beautiful getting older.
Problaby even more without the botox and operations.
If I look at Madonna and Nicole Kidman for example. Then I'm thinking, are they out of their feakin minds. They look like robots. No emotion. So unreal. They all look the same. What message does that give to young girls?
It makes girls feel even more insecure about there physical appearance wich is sad.
I'm perfectly happy with my inside and outside. Not wanting doctors or injections at all. Beside the fact that I hate hospitals.
Beauty does come from the inside. So true Scott.
I'm not denying that we all wanna look good. Nothing wrong with that. But where are the bounderies? When is it enough?
The hype that is going on now I don't like.
But that's just my personal opinion.
- twilla
- Senior Member
- Posts: 638
- Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:22 pm
- Location: New Mexico
My office does the botox, collegen injections, laser all that
Laser can be a good benefit for some, the i don't know about the other
I think the collegan injections mess their faces up and make them look distorted.
some have so much plastic surgery and then injections and look like freaks to be frank.
Laser can be a good benefit for some, the i don't know about the other
I think the collegan injections mess their faces up and make them look distorted.
some have so much plastic surgery and then injections and look like freaks to be frank.