Thunderclap Newman/Speedy Keen
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:53 pm
"Speedy Keen was Pete Townshend's chauffeur in the mid-60s, and was also a drummer and songwriter. Pete decided to bankroll and produce an album for him, and recruited Jimmy McCullough on guitar and Andy Newman on piano. With Pete playing bass (as 'Bijou Drains') they made an album, and released one track as a single. The result, Something In The Air by Thunderclap Newman, was one of the best - and most distinctive - English singles of the late 60s.
The band broke up, and Speedy made two solo albums. I haven't got the first one, but this is the second. You'll recognize the voice immediately (or at least you will if you're of that certain age)" -witchseason blog
One of my all time favorite singels from the 60's!!
Something's In The Air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8zmkzshUvE
"I Don't Know" from the Hollywood Dream" LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDOIAXNKpdk
From Speedy Keen on his solo album.."You Know Wot I Mean"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DtKqCv-rEQ
The band broke up, and Speedy made two solo albums. I haven't got the first one, but this is the second. You'll recognize the voice immediately (or at least you will if you're of that certain age)" -witchseason blog
One of my all time favorite singels from the 60's!!
Something's In The Air
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8zmkzshUvE
"I Don't Know" from the Hollywood Dream" LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDOIAXNKpdk
From Speedy Keen on his solo album.."You Know Wot I Mean"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DtKqCv-rEQ