Page 1 of 1

The Outsiders-great 60's Dutch beat group - psych

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:39 am
by jamestkirk
Anyone else a fan? Ed?!!

THE OUTSIDERS

Image

One of the finest Dutch beat groups of the 60s. The Outsiders encapsulate everything that is synonymous with Nederbiet and the pioneering years of 65/66 .
The groups image of this early period is of definite interest to anyone interested in the mergings of styles ie bohemian, art school fashions with a more exaggerated slant of the long haired beat group , r & b look of the day ala Pretty things . --theleadersofmen/blogspot.cpm

...more here!
http://theleadersofmen.blogspot.com/201 ... iders.html




Image

1967 full album..ome listen and you'll be hooked.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaTMbwi1EVU&t=186s



Image

CQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyiiYYujDgc&t=632s


Image

Re: The Outsiders-great 60's Dutch garage psych

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:41 am
by jamestkirk
OUTSIDERS - I Love Her Still, I Always Will

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzTlMiEtcwg

Re: The Outsiders-great 60's Dutch beat group - psych

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:00 pm
by The Freedom Man
Not a fan, but that's because I never really listened to them.Maybe time to start now!

Re: The Outsiders-great 60's Dutch beat group - psych

Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:27 pm
by LaurelCanyon
I have the 2010 vinyl reissue Afraid Of The Dark from 1967. Great listening, wonderful band!

Chapter 1

1. Bird In A Cage

2. Ain’t Gonna Miss You

3. Afraid Of The Dark

4. Ballad Of John B.

5. I Love Her Still, I Always Will

Chapter 2

1. Story 16

2. I Wish I Could

3. Tears Are Falling From My Eyes

4. Set Me Free

5. Won’t You Listen

All songs: music R. Splinter / lyrics W. Tax

Stereo / Previously unreleased live recordings

Try-out show recorded live by Erik Bakker, G.T.B. Mobile Studio
at Hotel De Schuur, Catharinastraat 17, Breda, Holland, February 16, 1967

Production: The Outsiders

The OUTSIDERS
Wally Tax – Lead Vocals, Harmonica
Ronnie Splinter – Rhythm / Solo Guitar (Guild T100D Special), Backing Vocals
Tom Krabbendam – Rhythm Guitar (Guild Stratford X350), on Afraid Of The Dark & I Love Her Still, I Always Will; Twelve String Guitar (Hagström XII)
Appie Rammers – Bass Guitar (Vox Teardrop)
Leendert ‘Buzz’ Busch – Drums (Ludwig), Backing Vocals

Guest appearance:
Ton Keverkamp – Electric Pianette on Bird In A Cage

REMASTERED IN THE 24-BIT DOMAIN FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES