Greetings from a new member
Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:06 am
Hi everybody! My name is Fabio and I live in Italy. I first listened to The Doors ten years ago and they really changed my life.
Although I live across the pond, I saw Robby and Ray live in 2011 (Pistoia) and John in 2014 (Perugia). Unforgettable experiences.
I'm not exactly a hardcore collector, but I own all the commercially available CDs and DVDs of The Doors (no LPs because I don't have a turntable), many books and I'm in the process of completing the solo discography of Ray, Robby and John.
I also have digital copies of most of the bootlegs, although I'm still looking for some post-Morrison and Ray shows. By the way, the recently surfaced Dallas 1970 show is a true gem. I never thought I would have the chance to hear a live recording of Riders on the Storm!
I used to visit Len's page (I also sent him a couple of corrections to his database), too bad it completely shut down. I decided to join this forum to keep up with the news and share my passion for The Doors. Speak soon!
PS this is the "rarest" item that I own. It's a limited edition poster of When You're Strange signed by John, Ray and Robby. I bought it from The Doors' official online shop. It's easily the object I'm most attached to.

I also have a couple of books signed by John, one by Frank Lisciandro, a mint copy of Mike Jahn's 1969 book and the august 1971 issue of Rolling Stone. I would love to get a first edition of The Lords and The New Creatures, someday...
Although I live across the pond, I saw Robby and Ray live in 2011 (Pistoia) and John in 2014 (Perugia). Unforgettable experiences.
I'm not exactly a hardcore collector, but I own all the commercially available CDs and DVDs of The Doors (no LPs because I don't have a turntable), many books and I'm in the process of completing the solo discography of Ray, Robby and John.
I also have digital copies of most of the bootlegs, although I'm still looking for some post-Morrison and Ray shows. By the way, the recently surfaced Dallas 1970 show is a true gem. I never thought I would have the chance to hear a live recording of Riders on the Storm!
I used to visit Len's page (I also sent him a couple of corrections to his database), too bad it completely shut down. I decided to join this forum to keep up with the news and share my passion for The Doors. Speak soon!
PS this is the "rarest" item that I own. It's a limited edition poster of When You're Strange signed by John, Ray and Robby. I bought it from The Doors' official online shop. It's easily the object I'm most attached to.

I also have a couple of books signed by John, one by Frank Lisciandro, a mint copy of Mike Jahn's 1969 book and the august 1971 issue of Rolling Stone. I would love to get a first edition of The Lords and The New Creatures, someday...