Page 1 of 1

Had a very doorsy experience this past weekend.

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:49 am
by Joriki
I was in West Hollywood getting a massage at the Argyle hotel. After the massage I got some breakfast and just went to sit in the foyer to chill out for a few minutes and absorb the massage. There was this techno soundtrack on and suddenly the doors were playing strange days. But it had to be some kind of remix or something cause there were trumpets and added drums. It kind of sounded like strange days if it had appeared on the Soft Parade. It was really really trippy. But the cool thing about it was how well it held up and how current it sounded and how strong Jim's voice was. Anyway I split and headed down La cienega to melrose to this watch shop I love to go to to browse. While there, John Mayer was buying about fifteen thousand dollars worth of watches with his American Express Black Card. he was a funny dude, though. I looked at watches and after I left I swung down King's road to avoid the left turn traffic on La Cienega. Anyway, it started to look kind of familiar and I looked up and saw that Ihad arrived at Norton Avenue. I hung a left, kind of curious sure that many years ago, I'd checked this place out. Over the years, I had seen pictures of this apartment which is I guess where Pam lived and jim often visited during the last year? of his life. So there it was right in front of me. You can tell it is THE apartment, cause there are a lot of signs indicating surveillance. People were sitting in the windows. It was a very trippy little few minutes.

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:20 am
by wha happened
happy ending?

Posted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:57 am
by Joriki
Not during that one. :lol:

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:00 pm
by windchime
That sounds incredible. I would love to go there and soak in the places and spaces, pretty good, pretty neat!! Which of these two do you mean??

http://pamelacourson.proboards56.com/in ... 058&page=1

Thanks~

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:58 pm
by Joriki
windchime wrote:That sounds incredible. I would love to go there and soak in the places and spaces, pretty good, pretty neat!! Which of these two do you mean??

http://pamelacourson.proboards56.com/in ... 058&page=1

Thanks~
The third one.

Posted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:55 pm
by windchime
Joriki wrote:
windchime wrote:That sounds incredible. I would love to go there and soak in the places and spaces, pretty good, pretty neat!! Which of these two do you mean??

http://pamelacourson.proboards56.com/in ... 058&page=1

Thanks~
The third one.

Thanks, that is so incredible.

Jim & Apartment

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:26 pm
by vince
Can yu imagine that people think "Vibes" are still present 34 years after someone died, much less lived in a place where so many other people have lived - and laid their "Vibes" over the previous ones. Thank about the changes in the city, neighborhood and street and ask how much things have changed.

What is it that people have to live in the past.

AS far as what went on in those places, the memories are not always nice. Jim destroyed, at one time or another, every house he lived in. In that case of "Borrowed" houses his repair bill in one case was enormous.
Those houses were alaso the scenes of some pretty interesting encounters - usually violent, between him and Pam.

If the walls could talk the stories would be much more shicking than romantic. Sorry to break up the dreams but reality is reality.

Anyone can be sweetness and light when interviewing. that is an easy trick. What happens when the cameras and recorders are turned off - Now there is a real story.

Destroying houses

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:42 pm
by sullen and aborted
While we are on the subject of destroying sleeping accomodations, I would like to ask how Ray and Dorothy could have tolerated having Jim wreck their place a few times when he lived with them early on in the Doors career? Did people in the Doors organization put up with his antics because his stardom played a key role in financial revenue generation?

Re: Jim & Apartment

Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:02 pm
by windchime
vince wrote:Can yu imagine that people think "Vibes" are still present 34 years after someone died, much less lived in a place where so many other people have lived - and laid their "Vibes" over the previous ones. Thank about the changes in the city, neighborhood and street and ask how much things have changed.

What is it that people have to live in the past.

AS far as what went on in those places, the memories are not always nice. Jim destroyed, at one time or another, every house he lived in. In that case of "Borrowed" houses his repair bill in one case was enormous.
Those houses were alaso the scenes of some pretty interesting encounters - usually violent, between him and Pam.

If the walls could talk the stories would be much more shicking than romantic. Sorry to break up the dreams but reality is reality.

Anyone can be sweetness and light when interviewing. that is an easy trick. What happens when the cameras and recorders are turned off - Now there is a real story.
Who thinks there is still a "vibe"??? Also, isn't this website and speaking of things that happened 35+ years ago "living in the past"?? Food for thought. :wink: