Page 2 of 2
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:18 pm
by lee
thefreed wrote:Here's another piece of email I got from Johnny, makes sense to me a lot why Arthur hated Jim after reading this.
Johnny is very happy to reply to questions.So don't hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to forward them to Johnny.I asked if he would join here and is said he will think about it.He's in LA now and in a few weeks he's returning home to Arizona and we will discuss it further then.
On the question of Arthur and Morrison, Jim would copy Arthur's moves and manerisms and yes there was that thing about Pam but the real problem was Jim's drinking, he would get wasted and cause Elektra greif which would get back to us, we all thought that it was a bit disrespectful to Love, after all had we (and it was we) went out of our way to help them get signed!
Could you please ask him, if he knows how did Pamela and Arthur met, when, and if he knows anything about the relation they had? I think if it could be interesting to kow.

Thank you so much for asking these questions, this is very interesting!
Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:32 pm
by The Freedom Man
How Arthur met Pam and more about what Arthur thought about Jim:
Arthur met Pam at one of our gig's, you know that happened often back then, when we left the stage there were dozens of "chicks" waiting around, hoping to get "lucky" she happened to be one of them!
Later after getting to know each other, they became an item ___ Arthur really liked her, but he "liked" many other's as well, she would get upset, and that left an opening for Jim.
Jim was almost obsessed with Arthur, what ever Arthur had, Jim wanted, that included Pam!
I'ts so strange how things were with those two, Arthur treated Jim as though he were an annoying pest, and Morrison the, Idol of so many would continue to come back for more abuse, I'm sure a psychiatrists would have a field day with those two, there had to be more than hero worship involved! Anyway life is strange
Posted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:24 pm
by jamestkirk
thefreed wrote:How Arthur met Pam and more about what Arthur thought about Jim:
Arthur met Pam at one of our gig's, you know that happened often back then, when we left the stage there were dozens of "chicks" waiting around, hoping to get "lucky" she happened to be one of them!
Later after getting to know each other, they became an item ___ Arthur really liked her, but he "liked" many other's as well, she would get upset, and that left an opening for Jim.
Jim was almost obsessed with Arthur, what ever Arthur had, Jim wanted, that included Pam!
I'ts so strange how things were with those two, Arthur treated Jim as though he were an annoying pest, and Morrison the, Idol of so many would continue to come back for more abuse, I'm sure a psychiatrists would have a field day with those two, there had to be more than hero worship involved! Anyway life is strange
YA...the story of Jim sitting on Arthur's doorstep hoping Arthur would let him in for a chat or jam or tea...

Imagine letting the Lizard King just sit outside your door.....but, Arthur was in a low place...isolating himself from everyone, and Arthur thought of Jim as a pest. Perhaps, since Arthur is the one who gave the DOORS their opening with Jac "Elektra", he was a bit jealous...or pissed... about the DOORS rocket to fame while Love was left behind by Elektra. Understandable.
Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:58 pm
by BallroomDays67
I thought this was kind of funny. I had obviously ordered Michael Stuart-Ware's book from Amazon...
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated books by Michael Stuart-Ware have also purchased Theoretical Mechanics (Microform]; An Introductory Treatise on the Principles of Dynamics: With Applications and Numerous Examples by Love. For this reason, you might like to know that Theoretical Mechanics (Microform]; An Introductory Treatise on the Principles of Dynamics: With Applications and Numerous Examples is now available. You can order yours for just $32.38 by following the link below.
I didn't realize that so many Love fans are also interested in the principles of dynamics.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:45 pm
by jamestkirk
BallroomDays67 wrote:I thought this was kind of funny. I had obviously ordered Michael Stuart-Ware's book from Amazon...
Dear Amazon.com Customer,
We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated books by Michael Stuart-Ware have also purchased Theoretical Mechanics (Microform]; An Introductory Treatise on the Principles of Dynamics: With Applications and Numerous Examples by Love. For this reason, you might like to know that Theoretical Mechanics (Microform]; An Introductory Treatise on the Principles of Dynamics: With Applications and Numerous Examples is now available. You can order yours for just $32.38 by following the link below.
I didn't realize that so many Love fans are also interested in the principles of dynamics.

HA! I'm getting those emails too!
Michael's book is quite a good read isn't it, bally?!! Though it is getting hard to find and going for anywhere from $40 to $250.
Have you pre-ordered John Einarson's new book Forever Changes?...which looks to be the last and definitive word on Arthur and LoVE! It will have the auto-bio Arthur was writing when he died woven into over 60 other interviews by John..along with intensive research about LoVE.
Can't wait...eh, Ed?!!

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:54 pm
by The Freedom Man
Right!
I read May 1st will be the release date. Hope we get through April real fast!
From then on you'll be a celebertie, Scott!

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:29 pm
by jamestkirk
thefreed wrote:Right!
I read May 1st will be the release date. Hope we get through April real fast!
From then on you'll be a celebertie, Scott!

Let's hope, Ed!
Einarson emailed-- when he sent the dust jacket to me, and said that May 1st was a bit optimistic (that amazon has a tendency to push up the release date to increase pre-orders--sound familiar?)--and that June 1 is more likely. John just doesn't see it happening quite so sooon.
It will be worth the wait. Let's hope it won't be pushed back again and again...like so many DOORS releases. But then, we don't have to deal with DOORS publishers and management on this, thank god!

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:16 pm
by BallroomDays67
jamestkirk wrote:HA! I'm getting those emails too!
Michael's book is quite a good read isn't it, bally?!! Though it is getting hard to find and going for anywhere from $40 to $250.
Have you pre-ordered John Einarson's new book Forever Changes?...which looks to be the last and definitive word on Arthur and LoVE! It will have the auto-bio Arthur was writing when he died woven into over 60 other interviews by John..along with intensive research about LoVE.
Can't wait...eh, Ed?!!

I really enjoyed Michael's book too. I wasn't aware that it had gone out of print. If anyone is interested, there's a copy in "good" condition on eBay for $10.77 shipped.
I pre-ordered the new one from Amazon. Can't wait to receive it!
Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 pm
by jamestkirk
BallroomDays67 wrote:jamestkirk wrote:HA! I'm getting those emails too!
Michael's book is quite a good read isn't it, bally?!! Though it is getting hard to find and going for anywhere from $40 to $250.
Have you pre-ordered John Einarson's new book Forever Changes?...which looks to be the last and definitive word on Arthur and LoVE! It will have the auto-bio Arthur was writing when he died woven into over 60 other interviews by John..along with intensive research about LoVE.
Can't wait...eh, Ed?!!

I really enjoyed Michael's book too. I wasn't aware that it had gone out of print. If anyone is interested, there's a copy in "good" condition on eBay for $10.77 shipped.
I pre-ordered the new one from Amazon. Can't wait to receive it!
That is a deal!! Grab it up! I paid $60.
Michael's book (...Pegasus Carousel) needs to get out there as an eBook or whatever it's called that goes with those electronic book pads that you read a book on....at Barnes & Noble etc.
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:22 am
by The Freedom Man
I recently heard the book gets a re-release, so that's good news.I wrote Michael about it, but didn't get a reply.
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 pm
by jamestkirk
thefreed wrote:I recently heard the book gets a re-release, so that's good news.I wrote Michael about it, but didn't get a reply.
I'l give it a shot too, Ed....maybe the both of us can get an answer! Mike is sometimes in LA and not so close to his computer as we seem to be to ours!

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 pm
by The Freedom Man
Okidokie
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:09 pm
by BallroomDays67
jamestkirk wrote:Let's hope, Ed!
Einarson emailed-- when he sent the dust jacket to me, and said that May 1st was a bit optimistic (that amazon has a tendency to push up the release date to increase pre-orders--sound familiar?)--and that June 1 is more likely. John just doesn't see it happening quite so sooon.
It will be worth the wait. Let's hope it won't be pushed back again and again...like so many DOORS releases. But then, we don't have to deal with DOORS publishers and management on this, thank god!

Bingo. Like you said, I hope it won't be delayed any further...
Hello from Amazon.com.
...we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:
John Einarson "Forever Changes: Arthur Lee and the Book of Love"
Estimated arrival date: May 26 2010 - June 02 2010
Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:06 am
by jamestkirk
John thought at least June based on the production schedule....so that would seem about right, bally.